Washington County Gay Straight Alliance Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of any Washington County high school, a nontraditional graduating senior living in Washington County, or a Washington County young adult up through age 21 who has completed high school requirements. Applicant may already be attending a post-secondary institution.
- Applicant must provide an essay of 500-700 words regarding ways that they have advocated for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) community, why they feel it is important to do so, and how they intend to advocate for this community in the future.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be accepted at a post-secondary trade school, college or university. There is no requirement as to the location of the school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript or its equivalent.
- Applicant must provide an unofficial ACT or SAT test score if it is required by the post-secondary institution.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
- Scholarship recipients will be provided an opportunity to accept or decline the release of their names regarding any publicity for the scholarships.
Deadline: April 1, 2019