Who Can Apply:
- Must be a Washington state resident (as defined in RCW 28B.15.012)
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED from a Washington State high school or institution by June 2015.
Please note: If you graduated from high school outside of Washington State, you are not eligible.
- Must be pursuing an eligible high-demand major (by alphabet; by category) in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care.
- Must be working toward a first bachelor’s degree, (i.e. four-year degree).
- Must be enrolling in an eligible Washington state college or university fall term 2015.
Please note: If you will be attending a public community or technical college Fall 2015 that does not offer a four-year degree in your eligible high-demand major you must be planning to transfer to one of the four-year colleges/universities referenced above by the time you have earned 90 quarter credits.
- Must be planning to enroll as a full time college student (12+ credits) fall term 2015.
- Must be a high school senior, or a college freshman or sophomore at the time of application.
Please note: College students who will have earned more than 90 quarter credits or more than 60 semester credits at the start of fall term 2015 are not eligible. Running Start, AP, IB and transfer credits that your college has accepted count toward that total.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) through fall quarter or semester 2014 of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
Please note: We understand that The Evergreen State College (TESC) does not issue GPA’s. The College Success Foundation has a partnership with The Evergreen State College in which we will determine if you satisfy this requirement. In addition, if you attend a high school that does not provide GPA’s, you are eligible to complete the application, and we will follow up with your high school to determine eligibility.
- Must file the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov by Monday, March 9, 2015.
Please note: students who are not eligible to file the FAFSA, or who file only the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) are not eligible to apply.
- Must apply for Federal Education tax credits if eligible.
- Must have a family income (adjusted gross income plus all untaxed income) less than the amount listed by family size on this chart. (Note: Unless you qualified to submit the FAFSA as an independent student, the family income amounts are those reported by your parent(s) on your 2015-16 FAFSA).
Deadline: March 2, 2015
Learn More: Washington State Opportunity Scholarship