Who Can Apply: The Welborn Family Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to students of low-income families who are the first generation in their family to attend college. The intention is to award scholarship grants to students that have demonstrated academic success, perseverance and service to others during their high school years.
- High School senior.
- Preference given to students from low-income families.
- Preference granted to students who are the first member in their family to attend college.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both junior and senior year of high school.
- Accepted by and plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited, 4-year university in Arizona.
- Preference given to students not eligible for state scholarships; FAFSA not a requirement.
- Please write a brief essay (250 words or less) describing your personal growth during high school.
- Please describe (in 125 words or less) your immediate family members and the role they will play in supporting your college plans.
Deadline: March 15, 2020