Who Can Apply: The William Curtis Ewbank Memorial Scholarship was established in March 2013 by his son Thomas P. Ewbank in memory of the father he never met. William was killed in action in World War II on July 31, 1944, when his son, Thomas was only seven months old. William was a fifth-generation Ewbank resident of Dearborn County. He was born April 5, 1913. He graduated from Lawrenceburg High School in 1931 and was an excellent, hardworking student, who earned a degree in Economics at Indiana University in 1935. He also received a Second Lieutenant’s rank from the R.O.T.C. at I.U., where he was awarded an Outstanding Cadet Medal. William was known as a hard working student and very patriotic man, who loved his country! His son Thomas established this scholarship in his father’s memory and to honor a student who embodies the same qualities as William.
• Student must have attended Lawrenceburg High School (LHS) and resided within the Lawrenceburg Community School Corporation boundaries for at least three (3) full years of his/her high school career;
• Must be a current graduating senior from Lawrenceburg High School;
• Must be planning to attend Indiana University;
• Must be in top 25 percent of class as determined by GPA;
• Must be involved in extra-curricular activities; and
• Must complete the required essay.
Deadline: January 6, 2020