Who Can Apply:
General Eligibility Requirements for Both Programs
- Child, legal dependent or grandchild of a full-time employee of TWG. Employee must have at least one year of continuous, full-time service with TWG as of Feb. 1 of the year in which the scholarship will be awarded
- Employee must be employed with TWG at the time scholarship award selections are made
- Children, legal dependents and grandchildren of current and former owners of TWG are not eligible
The Wine Group Merit Scholarship Requirements
- Scholarship winners of TWG Merit Scholarship will demonstrate a desirable mix of a high level of academic performance, strong communication and leadership skills, and participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Current graduating high school senior planning to attend a two- or four-year college/university program on a full-time (12 or more units/credits per quarter/semester) or part-time (a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 11 units/credits per quarter/semester) basis OR current full-time or part-time college student
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
The Wine Group Opportunity Scholarship Requirements
- Scholarship winners of TWG Opportunity Scholarship will demonstrate a desirable mix of educational motivation, perseverance and demonstrated financial need or hardship.
- Applicant must be planning to enroll or currently enrolled in a two- or four-year college or vocational school on a part-time or full-time basis (as defined by the school of attendance)
- Demonstrated financial need or hardship with a maximum family income of $150,000
Submission: Your personal statement must be 500-800 words, double-spaced (approximately 2-3 pages), and must address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college OR your intended career if you are a current college student.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: April 18, 2018
Amount: Up to $10,000