Who Can Apply: Women Military Aviators (WMA) seeks to preserve, for history, the important role women have played in creating and supporting the American Spirit through their contributions to flight, aeronautics and space. These elite bands of women have not only a love of aviation, but have put their lives on the line in defense of their country through their military service. WMA is committed to passing this legacy from one generation of women to another and has established an annual scholarship program in support of this commitment. Advocating the love of aviation, WMA offers an annual scholarship to advance a woman in her pursuit of flight ratings at an accredited institution or FAA Part 141 approved flight school.
- Recipient will also be given a one-year membership to WMA. Over the past 30 years this scholarship has been given to select candidates so that they may pursue opportunities in aviation.
- Each applicant should supply, in addition to the basic WAI application requirements, a narrative addressing demonstrated persistence and determination to fly and stated ability to complete training at an accredited institution or FAA Part 141 approved flight school within one year of scholarship award.
- Also, identify the school, college, university and/or Part 141 approved school where training will be completed; and address the program and/or ratings being sought.
- The applicant should address interest and/or participation in military aviation, and financial need.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018