Who Can Apply:
- The contest is only applicable for current students, regardless of age and degree.
- The writing you submit must be an unpublished work created by you, at least 1000 words long.
- Your writing must abide to logical reasoning and you have to prove your point based on factual and logical argumentation. You have to cite at least 3 official sources to corroborate your argumentation and list them as references at the end of the work.
- The essay must follow a logical reasoning as your writing must be based on factual and logical arguments to prove your point.
- The writing style is free, as creativity is also evaluated. We welcome and cherish conceptual writing, provided that you follow the aforementioned guidelines of argumentation and remain objective.
- The writing must explain a particular point of view and prove it reasonable and logical based on the official sources you have to include on your writing.
- The sources that refer to objective statements must be cited as quotations, whilst official data sources, like statistical data, can be simply referred at the end of the writing by an index markers system of your preference, i.e., “1, 2, 3, 4….”; “*, **, ***”.
- Both types of sources, either quoted statements or data sources must be referred at the end of the essay in a separate section that must be titled “References”. You must include links for the official websites where the information can be accessed or, in the case of books and other printed media, you must include an extended reference with the number of the page and paragraph where the data or statement can be found, as well as the year of the publication, and the name of the book and the author.
- Once again, note that the essay must follow a logical reasoning. Religious books or any other kind of abstract, empiric or non-scientific sources are not valid to corroborate your argumentation and you will be eliminated from the contest.
- Your essay must be saved as a “.doc” file.
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Learn More: https://yourpetland.com/scholarship/