Who Can Apply: The purpose of the Zach Myer Memorial Firefighter Scholarship is to provide scholarships to graduating seniors from high school(s) located within Johnson County, Kansas, who are planning to attend an accredited school or certification program for the purpose of receiving Firefighter I & II certifications, and/or EMS certification at or above the level of Emergency Medical Technician.
Priority will be given to students in the following order:
1) members of the Fire Explorer Post 2884,
2) graduating seniors from any high school in Olathe, KS, and,
3) graduating seniors from any high school in Johnson County, KS.
- Must provide recommendations from at least two of the following persons (no relatives): Explorer Post advisor, high school representative (principal or academic advisor), or community representative;
- Must submit a 500 word essay stating why he/she has chosen firefighting as a career, and how the applicant will use the scholarship to help achieve that goal; and
- Must submit a black and white or color glossy photo (such as a passport photo) for publicity purposes in the event of selection.
Deadline: June 30, 2018