Who Can Apply:
- Sponsored by Vertol Systems Company, Inc., this scholarship will fund one student’s flight training towards a private pilot’s license at Destin Flight Works located in Destin, Florida. The scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will be applied towards instructor training and aircraft rental. Any expenses beyond that amount or other expenses incurred as a result of the training (such as transportation and lodging) will be covered by the student.
- The scholarship is open to current AFA members. No previous flight experience is necessary.
- Applicant must include an essay of not more than 600 words describing how this scholarship and a private pilot’s license will assist in achieving their career or educational goals.
- If applicant is a current or recent student, a transcript showing their current GPA and area of study is required.
- Per FAA requirements, the student must be 16 years old to fly solo and 17 years old to obtain a private pilot certificate. There is no upper age limit.
- This scholarship is applicable only with Destin Flight Works. The recipient must be available to begin using the scholarship in Destin, Florida in 2022. The recipient is responsible for their own travel and accommodations.
- Applicant must be a current AFA member.
Deadline: April 30, 2022