Who Can Apply:
- This program was made possible by a bequest from Mrs. Elizabeth L. Lindsay, widow of Lieutenant Colonel John Lindsay, a career Air Force officer stationed at Craig AFB in Selma, Alabama. The scholarship is in memory of their children John C. and Blanche Lee Lindsay who also passed away before Lt Col and Mrs. Lindsay. The scholarship was established for children of members of the United States Air Force who are pursuing a college degree.
- A minimum of one scholarship in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded annually. Additional scholarships may be considered and awarded, funds permitting. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship are not eligible for a second award.
- Parent or legal guardian of the applicant must be Active Duty, veteran, or retired service members, reservists, or National Guard members of the United States Air Force.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must provide a Statement of Purpose describing how the scholarship will assist in meeting their educational goals.
- Applicant must provide the most current transcript or, if not yet enrolled, proof of acceptance into an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must provide one letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, or work/volunteer supervisor.
- Priority is given to applicants who: a) have at least one parent/guardian who is an AFA member; and b) are majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field.
- Recipients must provide AFA with a W-9 form in order to receive their award.
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Learn More: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/78444