Who Can Apply: The BD Scholarship was established by Becton, Dickinson and Company in partnership with UNCF to provide a merit-based award to current juniors and seniors who are enrolled full-time at any UNCF member institutions, other HBCUs, or any accredited four-year college or university during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled full-time as a college junior or senior at the time of the application at any UNCF member institutions, other HBCUs or any accredited four-year college or university.
- Major in the following healthcare disciplines:biomedical science, biology, life sciences, microbiology, global health, nursing, pharmacy, or science technology.
Preference shall be given to students who are residents of the following states: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Missouri, California, Indiana, Utah, Arizona, Texas, or Nebraska.
- A one-page personal statement of career interest.
- Current academic transcript.
Deadline: December 11, 2023