Who Can Apply: In partnership with UNCF, the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI) has developed the EESI Future Climate Leaders Scholarship Program to provide three (3) merit-based scholarships to support three (3) minority students who are preparing for a career related to environmental, energy, or climate issues. This scholarship opportunity is open to students who will be enrolled as a sophomore or junior in Fall 2023 at a HBCU in the Mid-Atlantic or Southern Region.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- A sophomore or junior enrolled full-time at an HBCU in the Mid-Atlantic or Southern Region (Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia).
- A current academic transcript.
- A 500-word essay communicating an interest in environmental, energy, and climate policy issues consistent with EESI’s mission and vision.
- A current resume.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or an administrator.
Deadline: October 12, 2023