Who Can Apply:
- At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- In partnership with UNCF, the Eli Lilly Make Life Better Scholarship Program was developed to provide $10,000 need-based scholarships to HBCU rising sophomores who are studying in STEM disciplines. Awards will be disbursed in the 2023-2024 academic year and may be renewed in the junior and senior years for recipients who qualify.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time as college sophomores for the 2023-2024 academic year, and have completed the FAFSA and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by their institution. Priority consideration will be granted to applicants attending Florida A&M University, North Carolina A&T State University, or Howard University; to applicants who identify as African American, Latinx, female, or female student of color studying STEM; and to applicants who reside in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio.
- A current official or unofficial academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (essay prompt is listed in the application).
- Two (2) Reference Forms submitted by non-relatives.
Deadline: June 26, 2023