Who Can Apply: The Gayle and Tom Benson Charitable Foundation is providing need-based scholarships up to $5,000 to students enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year institution.
- Reside in or be a permanent resident of the state of Louisiana
- Be an underrepresented minority (Black/African American, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Latinx/Hispanic American)
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by your college or university
- Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by November 15, 2023. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline
- One letter of recommendation. The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The Letter of Recommendation (LOR) must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
- Essay – Submit a one-page personal statement regarding your career interests
- A recent official or unofficial academic transcript
Deadline: November 15, 2023