Who Can Apply: Applicants for the program will need to meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Be a permanent resident of North Carolina who at the time of the initial award is a high school senior graduating from any public, private, or charter high school in Mecklenburg County, NC.
- Be accepted and planning to enroll in any U.S. located, accredited, four-year college or university of the student’s choosing. Students may major in any discipline.
- Submit an online application for the program,
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- Submit a 500 word (approximately 1500 to 200 characters) personal statement responding to the following prompt: “Please discuss your future goals and aspirations, as well as why you will benefit from receiving the scholarship.
- Submit a current high school transcript
- Provide a letter of admission and financial aid offer from the college or university that the applicant plans to attend
- Submit a copy of their full Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
Deadline: June 16, 2023