Who Can Apply: The Ralph and Fanny Ellison Scholarship was established to financially support college students who are from New York and Oklahoma studying Literature or Music.
1. An official grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (college freshmen must use their final high school transcript)
2. Enrolled as a full-time freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior at any accredited four-year college or university with a preference given, first, to students enrolled at Fisk University and Tuskegee University and then, to students enrolled at other historically black colleges or universities (HBCUs).
3. A 500-word personal essay that describes the legacy of Ralph Ellison and his impact on the world today.
4. Applicants are required to file the FAFSA and demonstrate an unmet financial need as verified by the financial aid office of your institution.
5. Student must be a Literature or Music Major.
6. Students must be a current or permanent resident of the state of New York or Oklahom
Deadline: January 15, 2024