Who Can Apply:
- Based in Denver, Colorado, Smartwool is a sock and apparel brand whose products are designed to get the most out of the inherent benefits of Merino wool and to bring comfort, confidence, and community to a life lived outside. The brand employs passion-led and purpose-driven outdoor enthusiasts who want to share the love of the outdoors with everyone. At its core, Smartwool believes it is their brand’s responsibility to use their business platform for good, specifically focused on two of the biggest societal issues of our time: protecting natural places by doing their part to combat climate change and bringing inclusion and diversity to the outdoors by ensuring that all communities feel welcome.
- Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Smartwool Scholarship Program will provide need-based scholarships of up to $2,500 each to 10 HBCU juniors and seniors. Awards will be disbursed in the 2023-2024 academic year. Selected recipients’ contact information and application materials will be shared with the scholarship grantor.
- Applicants must be current college sophomores or juniors who will be enrolled full-time as juniors or seniors in the 2023-2024 academic year at any accredited 4-year HBCU in North Carolina or Tennessee. Applicants must have completed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have a demonstrated unmet need, as verified by their institution. All majors are welcome, with priority consideration given to applicants majoring in design, fashion, finance, marketing, operations, or textiles.
- A current official or unofficial academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (essay prompt is listed in the application).
Deadline: June 5, 2023
Learn More: https://opportunities.uncf.org/s/program-landing-page?id=a2i8Y00000BGwd9QAD