Who Can Apply:
- Through a collaborative partnership, Goldman Sachs and Black-led financial services firm, Loop Capital Markets, will donate a portion of the net revenue they earn from two of their money market fund share classes to fund organizations creating opportunities for Black women, including funding educational and career development. The partnership ensures these products play a role in promoting racial equity in financial services and beyond as part of Goldman Sachs’ One Million Black Women Initiative – a $10 billion investment strategy alongside $100 million in philanthropic support to help narrow opportunity gaps and positively impact the lives of at least one million Black women over the next decade.
- The UNCF Black Women in STEM Scholarship Program was developed as a part of this commitment and will provide scholarships to African American women pursuing a degree in an area leading to a career in STEM or financial services. This $5,000 need-based scholarship will be awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year and may be renewed for an additional year for qualifying recipients.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time as college juniors for the 2023-2024 academic year and have a declared major in a STEM/STEM-related discipline or a financial services discipline. Applicants must have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their institution. Priority consideration will be granted to applicants attending an HBCU or the University of Miami.
- A current official or unofficial academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (essay prompt is listed in the application).
Deadline: July 31, 2023