Who Can Apply: The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program is a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for passionate and determined students. The UNCF Chevron Corporate Scholars Program will award a two-year renewable scholarship to highly capable future leaders who demonstrate academic achievement, strong leadership skills and an interest in the energy industry. This is program is for rising college freshmen who have been accepted to an accredited four-year Historically Black College/University (HBCU) and will begin college in the Fall as a first-year freshman.
Students accepted to this program will participate in a comprehensive career development and readiness curriculum and will be considered for internship opportunities with Chevron the summer following both their freshmen and sophomore years of college.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Must be enrolled as a first-year student in Fall 2023
- Must be enrolled full-time to attend a Historically Black College/University (HBCU) in Fall 2023.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Must submit a resume displaying, leadership, volunteer opportunities, extracurricular activities and any additional activities/projects, groups, or clubs, demonstrating in interest in the majors outlined in the application
- Please include your accomplishments/experiences in the STEM field when completing the online application
- Must submit a personal statement
Deadline: August 14, 2023