Who Can Apply: The Virginia Community Healthcare Association, in partnership with UNCF, has developed the VCHA Community Health Scholarship program which will provide three (3) need-based renewable scholarships to graduate/professional students of Black/African American, Asian Pacific Islander, Latin X, and/or Indigenous (Native) American heritage in the fields of dentistry, public health,psychology, medicine, or social work during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Must be Black/African American, Asian Pacific Islander, Latin X, and/or Indigenous (Native) American
- Must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must file a 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) Form
- Must have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university;
- Must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia or attend a college/university within close proximity to the targeted host locations and cities where there are VCHA member organizations and sites.
- Must be a graduate/professional student enrolled full-time during the 2023-2024 school year and pursuing a Ph.D., master’s, or MD/DO degree in dentistry, public health, psychology, medicine, or social work and attending an accredited, U.S. located college or university.
- Submit an online application
- Have a Reference / letter of recommendation,
- Have a one-page personal statement of career interest
- Have a current transcript
Deadline: June 30, 2023