Who Can Apply: A scholarship fund to support graduates of Kenai Central High School pursuing post-secondary education focused in horticulture and related fields. This fund was established by the family of Carl Seaman to honor his lifetime of community service in Kenai and his passion for gardening.
The Carl Seaman Scholarship was created in memory of Carl Seaman, who was a businessman and council member in Kenai from the late 1950s to the 1980s. He was a supporter of Kenai Central High School when it was built in the 1960s. His son Mike, daughter Carla, daughter-in-law Joan, and granddaughters Julie and Michelle are graduates of KCHS.
- Kenai Central High graduating senior
- Demonstrated financial need
- Transcripts that include class rank and GPA
- Opportunity to submit two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, counselor or employers
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities
- Personal Essay
Deadline: March 3, 2023
Learn More: https://alaskacf.org/funds/carl-seaman-scholarship-fund/