Who Can Apply: The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology is dedicated to the memory of Kenneth W. Reeves (1961-2012), a longstanding and supportive member of the National Weather Association and employee of Accuweather, Inc. (Vice President, General Manager, and Senior Meteorologist). The fund was established in 2004 to aid students in their sophomore year or higher of undergraduate study, enrolled in a program of meteorology or atmospheric science (or related field). The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology may be awarded in an amount up to $1,000 per year to one qualified student to cover qualified education expenses such as tuition, fees, and course-related expenses such as books, supplies, and equipment. Applicants must have one or more semesters to complete after the scholarship is awarded.
1. Any undergraduate going into their sophomore year or higher in the fall. (Note, graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.) If the student is classified as a senior they must either have at least the upcoming fall (Sep. – Dec.) semester to complete after the scholarship is awarded.
2. Applicants MUST ensure that all application materials, including transcripts and recommendation letters, are received by the closing date. If not, the applicant’s application will be disqualified.
3. Past recipients of “The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship” (formerly the AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship”) are ineligible. While students are encourage to apply for multiple NWAF scholarships, the NWAF will not award a student multiple scholarships in any given academic year.
4. US citizens, or students with residence status, attending a US accredited college or university is required.
A. The application deadline is May 25, 2023 (subject to Foundation approval each year). The recommendation deadline is June 8, 2023.
B. Applicant must complete the National Weather Association Foundation Scholarship Application
C. Applicant must provide the following with the Scholarship Application for the application to be considered complete:
1. Current transcript. Unofficial copies are accepted; however, an official transcript may be requested.
2. List of extracurricular and volunteer activities conducted during college career including paid and unpaid internships.
3. GPA on all official transcripts for previous education.
4. Essay from selected questions provided with the Scholarship Application.
5. Two recommendations with a minimum of one being academic in nature. No relatives.
Deadline: May 25, 2023
Learn More: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/88137