Who Can Apply: Kids’ Chance of Illinois is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers who have been killed, seriously injured, or experienced a debilitating illness in a work-related incident. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible.
- Age 26 or younger at the time of the application
- Child who is a dependent of a worker who has been killed, seriously injured, or experienced a debilitating illness in a work-related incident
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education
- Accepted or planning to attend a college, university, or technical school [GRADUATE and/or UNDERGRADUATE]
- Pursuing a degree as a [FULL-TIME or PART-TIME] student
- Other eligibility
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family, and university/college/technical school contact information
- Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
- Copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Student Aid Index (SAI), formerly called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), IF you are attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university
- Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
- Proof of compensable injury/illness claim such as determination letter or CLAIM NUMBER from the state workers’ compensation board or death certificate
- Parents’ basic employer information.
Deadline: June 1, 2023