Who Can Apply:
- The Robert B. B. and Josephine N. Moorman Scholarship may be presented annually to one undergraduate student, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of a worthy student in any civil engineering discipline or civil engineering related field.
- At the time of application the individual must be a student enrolled as an undergraduate in an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or related field. Applicants must be an ASCE Student Member in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The scholarship may be awarded only to those students who will continue their formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
- Previous recipients of these scholarships are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: (1) completed application form;
(2) personal essay which shall be no more than 500 words and shall highlight why the applicant wishes to become a civil engineer, specific ASCE Student Chapter involvement, and long term goals and plans;
(3) detailed annual budget;
(4) official transcripts;
(5) minimum of 2 sealed recommendation letters, 1 of which must be from a faculty member; and
(6) one-page resume.
Deadline: February 10, 2023