Who Can Apply: My dad, Dan “Uniball” Lansing, was an incredible, resilient, and very well-loved person. He passed away recently due to complications with COVID. He has an incredible story of resilience and survival, fighting his way back from cancer, learning to walk again after paralysis, and five separate joint replacements to live a happy life.
My dad was a welder for much of his life and was passionate about the skilled trades. He was also concerned about the gap in the need for skilled tradespeople and the number of people pursuing this career path.
In honor of my dad, we have established the Uniball’s Skilled Trades Scholarship. With a focus on helping the next generation of welders pay for trade schooling, we will also consider all applicants pursuing a skilled trade such as electricians, plumbers, and more.
The ideal applicant for this scholarship:
- Will be or is going to a trade school – welding, electrician, plumbing, etc.
- Has overcome some personal adversity.
- Is a high school senior or currently at a trade school.
Submission: To apply, please answer three simple questions. We encourage focusing on quality over quantity in your responses.
1. What trade are you pursuing and why are you passionate about it?
2. What are your future plans after your trade education?
3. Describe a time in your life when you overcame adversity? How did you work through it?
Deadline: October 26, 2023