Who Can Apply:
- The Marion and Luis de Hoyos Endowed Scholarship is named in honor of the parents of IES Abroad Board Member, Debora de Hoyos. Marion and Luis de Hoyos traveled extensively for both business and pleasure, appreciating the people and their cultures with whom they interacted. Their daughter, Debora, learned from her parents’ firsthand accounts of their travels and accompanied them on some of these excursions. She credits this early exposure as “opening (her) eyes to the world”.
- This named endowment was established by Debora and her spouse, Walter Carlson. Debora de Hoyos, as a partner of the law firm Mayer Brown, was the firm’s first global client relationship partner overseeing client development activities. Her work has focused on lending and emerging market transactions. Walter Carlson is a partner with law firm Sidley Austin. Their three daughters have each enriched her educational experience by studying abroad.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Enroll in a semester or full year IES Abroad program.
- Attend a U.S. college or university.
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $30,000 or less.
Deadline: May 1, 2024