Who Can Apply:
- Women in STEM make up 27% of the STEM workforce, despite women workers as a whole making up 48% of the workforce.
- Over the past fifty years, efforts have been made to increase female representation in STEM. The efforts have thus far been successful, but now is not the time to let up on this progress. Women are being encouraged to pursue STEM more now than ever before.
- The Young Women in STEM Scholarship looks to encourage the future generation of women in STEM fields, especially those coming from low-income backgrounds. Female high school seniors and undergraduate students that are from a low-income household and are pursuing a degree in STEM can apply.
Submission: Please answer the following short essay questions (250 words each).
1. Please tell us a bit about yourself and what specifically motivates you. If you could do anything with your life, what do you imagine you’d do?
2. What excites you about STEM? How do you feel you could make a positive impact on the world through a job in information technology?
3. Please describe the greatest challenge you’ve had to overcome and how you managed to get past it.
Deadline: May 23, 2024