Who Can Apply: The Achieve Beyond the Caps (ABC) Scholarship is only for Communities In Schools’ (CIS) case-managed students. This scholarship is intended to celebrate and encourage students who have dug deep within themselves to successfully put their life and education on a positive path, doing whatever it takes to rise above the obstacles or challenges, and to learn to believe in themselves and their future. It is to support student(s) with their post-secondary education (4-year colleges, 2-year colleges/programs, trade school, etc.).
Two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each will be awarded. Scholarships may be renewed for up to an additional 3 years for a total of $6,000 per scholarship.
- Essay: Please choose TWO of the following Essay prompts to answer. The TWO essays you choose to respond to, Must EACH be 250 words or more. For the other 2 essay prompts not chosen, please write “N/A” in the response section.
- 1.) Why is pursuing a college education important to you?
- 2.) What life experience(s) have shaped who you are today?
- 3.) Describe someone or something that made a lasting impression in your life.
- 4.) How do you plan on giving back to the community in the future?
- 5.) Write about what you are you passionate about. Explain how you discovered this passion and how it has contributed to your growth as a person.
Deadline: January 31, 2024