Who Can Apply:
- Both third party and self-nominations are encouraged. Nominations should clearly demonstrate how the nominee or nominees have contributed to the effective incorporation of sustainability into chemical education. The target audience for the work can be one or more of the following: K-12 students, K-12 teachers, undergraduate students, graduate students, or the general public.
- Nominations will be evaluated on the broad criteria of innovation, intellectual merit, and potential for broader impact. Additional important considerations include the extent to which sustainability is an important component of the education work, the extent to which the work supports learning of chemistry, and the overall quality of the design of the nominated work.
- Award winners may select to have their material shared with educators nationally and internationally.
- Full contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address).
- A title and abstract of no more than 150 words.
- A statement of no more than 500 words regarding the learning objective(s) for the work nominated, the target audience, and how sustainability has been incorporated.
- No more than 10 pages of supporting material (lab handout, class activity handout, descriptive materials, etc.).
Deadline: September 30, 2023
Learn More: https://www.acs.org/funding/awards/acs-cei-award-for-sustainability-in-chemical-education.html