Who Can Apply: An eligible applicant must be/have:
- An ethnic minority in the accounting profession (including but not limited to: Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; Pacific Islander; or Asian American).
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2023.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent per semester) or a full-time graduate-level student (9 semester hours or equivalent per semester) for the full 2023-24 academic year; fall 2023 and spring 2024. (Note: Students graduating upon completion of fall 2023 are eligible to apply. Part-time students (at least 6 semester hours or equivalent per semester) currently employed to meet the CPA license work experience requirement are encouraged to apply. A letter of employment is required along with a letter of recommendation from an accounting professor)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application).
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that combined cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the full 2023-24 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Amount: $3,000 – $10,000
Learn More: https://thiswaytocpa.com/education/scholarship-search/scholarship-minority-accounting-students/