Who Can Apply: The Airgas – Terry Jarvis Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student pursuing a minimum four-year bachelors degree in welding engineering (WE) or welding engineering technology (WET); however, priority will be given to welding engineering (WE) students interested in pursuing a career with an industrial gas or welding equipment distributor. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must be a full-time student as defined by the academic institution.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.8 overall grade point average with a 3.0 grade point average in engineering courses.
- Financial need is not required; however, priority will be given to those individuals demonstrating a financial need.
- Priority will be given to those individuals who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career with an industrial gas or welding equipment distributor by prior work experience, clubs, organizations or extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or Canada and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States or Canada.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Priority will be given to those individuals residing or attending school in the states of Alabama, Georgia or Florida. (A resident is defined as having lived in the specified area for a minimum of one year.)
- Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of four years.
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Learn More: http://www.aws.org/foundation/page/airgas-terry-jarvis-memorial-scholarship