Who Can Apply:
- Alexis Mackenzie was a bright spirit who lit up the room with her positive energy and infectious laugh.
- Alexis loved the arts, including music, painting, and especially dancing. She was dancing before she was standing! Alexis was sure to become a successful dancer or musician, but in 2018, her life ended far too soon.
- The arts inspire us to dream, make us feel joy, connect us to those we love, take us to faraway places, and unite us as people. Unfortunately, arts funding is in trouble, and many talented students don’t get the resources or support they need to succeed.
- This scholarship seeks to support underrepresented women who are in need of financial support to pursue their artistic dreams.
- Any Black or Latina female high school student who has been accepted to a two or four-year college or an arts institute may apply for this scholarship if they’re pursuing the arts and are in need of financial assistance.
Submission: To apply, tell us about your passion for the arts, how you’ll use your career to inspire others, how you’ll use your art for good, and how you think art can help create a better world.
Deadline: May 31, 2024