Who Can Apply:
- The Allen Butler Minority Law Enforcement Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to young people of color from Duluth to begin or continue law enforcement training at a post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be people of color, including African Americans, Asians, Native Americans and Hispanics.
- They also must be Duluth residents for at least three years and graduates of the Duluth Public Schools or recipients of a GED in Duluth.
- They must intend to pursue continuing education in law enforcement.
- Duluth’s African American Men’s Group established the scholarship in 1996 to honor Allen Butler, an officer with the Duluth Police Department for more than 20 years before he retired in 1996. He was a positive influence in the lives of many Duluthians.
Deadline: February 15, 2023