Who Can Apply: The 2023 ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund application for students entering law school in the Fall 2023 session will be open from February 1, 2023 to April 15, 2023.
- The applicant must be an entering, first-year law student in academic year 2023.
- The applicant must be a member of an underrepresented racial and/or ethnic minority (e.g. Black/African-American, Native American, Hispanic American, Asian/Pacific Islander). Please note: International students are not eligible.
- Only students beginning law school in this academic year will be eligible for a scholarship. Law students who have completed one or more semesters or years of law school are not eligible.
- Applicants who are part-time law students also must be starting law school in this academic year to be eligible.
- At the time of submission of the application, the applicant must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 grading scale) at their undergraduate institution. If the applicant has not completed their undergraduate degree at the time the application is submitted, the applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 grading scale) as of the most recent completed semester.
- Before receiving scholarship funds, recipients will be required to demonstrate admission to and plans to enroll at an ABA-accredited law school. Because of the deadline for submitting applications the applicant will have applied to law schools, but may not yet have been admitted to law school. If the applicant is selected to receive an ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship, the applicant will be required to demonstrate admission to and plans to enroll at an ABA-accredited law school before receiving scholarship funds. Students who do not enroll or who leave law school after being admitted will be required to return all or a proportional amount of scholarship funds.
- Personal Statement
- Offical or unoffical transcript
- 2-4 Letters of Recommendation
- Signed Release Form (within LOSF application)
Deadline: April 15, 2023