Who Can Apply: The Art Savage Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial assistance to Sacramento River Cats employees or their family members who are pursuing higher education.
- Must be a River Cats employee or family member of a River Cats employee
- Be a high school senior, undergraduate student or an adult re-entry student
- Planning to attend a two-year community college, four-year college/university, vocational or trade school in the upcoming academic year
- Demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000)
- Preference will be given to students working while going to school
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units per semester or part time equivalent in the upcoming academic year
- Essay: Teamwork involves building relationships and working with other people toward a common goal. Please describe a time you were part of a team and the lessons that you learned from that. (Renewal students: please write a new essay. Do not use an essay you submitted from a previous application).
- First letter of recommendation: please request a letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you.
- Second letter of recommendation: please request a letter of recommendation from your employer if you are employed, and if not, request a letter from an individual not related to you.
Deadline: March 11, 2022