Who Can Apply: The Barbara and Richard Couch Hypertherm Scholarship will be awarded to a student pursuing a two or four-year degree in an engineering or technical major in the welding or cutting fields (i.e., applicable areas of mechanical, software, process, electrical engineering). Priority will be given to the daughters and sons of current Hypertherm Associates.
- Applicant may either be currently enrolled in their final year of high school or equivalent program or must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must have a minimum overall 2.8 grade point average (or the equivalent).
- Proof of financial need is not required to qualify, but priority will be given to those students who exhibit a financial need.
- Applicants may reapply; persons who have received this award may reapply and upon re-application may be granted the award for a maximum of 4 years for a 4 year program or 2 years for a 2 year program.
- If the Applicant is a child of a current Hypertherm Associate they may be a citizen of any country and plan to attend an academic institution located in any country. Otherwise an Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the Unites States.
Deadline: March 1, 2022