Who Can Apply:
- The award is open to any student officially recognized as an undergraduate health education major at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be currently enrolled full-time (12 hours) at a college or university for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year during which the student is applying. The student must have sophomore, junior or senior status at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a minimum, current overall grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the SHAPE America application deadline.
- Attach a current resume that includes extracurricular/service activities (professional organizations, school, community) and any academic honors, awards, etc. within the past two years.
- Attach a double-spaced, typed essay about your approach to health education, career interests, and professional goals – what you hope to accomplish as a health educator in training and in the future. (Your essay must be approximately 400 – 450 words in length in a 12-point font.)
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from your professors. Each professor should address, to the fullest extent possible, academic status, leadership potential, involvement in health education profession related activities and organizations, and their perception of the student’s future contributions to the profession as a professional health education specialist.
- Attach a current transcript PDF of all college study completed, including the fall semester.
Deadline: October 15, 2022