Who Can Apply:
- Melinda Edwards-Jackson was a smart, beautiful, and thoughtful soul.
- After graduating from Katy High School and becoming a single mother at 18, Melinda went on to earn her Bachelors of Science Nursing degree from Prairie View A&M University after only three years. She worked in the nursing profession for 30 years until her transition from life.
- Above all else, Melinda was a loving mother, wife, sister, caregiver, loyal friend, and all-around kind person. She treated everyone equally and had a warm and gentle spirit. Melinda’s smile was one you couldn’t forget and to know her created a friendship that lasted decades.
- To remember and honor the memory of Melinda Edwards-Jackson, the Black Nurse Magic Scholarship will support African American high school seniors and college students who plan to or is currently pursuing a degree in Nursing at Prairie View A&M University or any HBCU.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an African-American female or male
- Be attending or planning to attend Prairie View A&M University or a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) as a nursing major
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Submission: To apply, please write about a time when, through tremendous hardship, you achieved something great in your life. Please go into detail about the strategies, skills, and techniques you employed to overcome the obstacles between you and your goal.
Deadline: October 27, 2022
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/black-nurse-magic-scholarship/