Who Can Apply:
1. Possess a minimum, cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Be African American.
3. Reside as a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent resident of the United States.
4. Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student (MS and/or Ph.D.) attending any U.S. accredited four-year or graduate college or university in the Spring of 2022.
5. Be an undergraduate majoring in viticulture or enology or a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in one of the following fields of agriculture and environmental chemistry, chemical engineering, ecology, food science, integrative genetics & genomics, horticulture & agronomy, microbiology, plant pathology, soils & biogeochemistry, or viticulture.
1. Complete and submit an online application via the the UNCF platform.
2. Submit a one-page essay on the topic “How I Will Improve Diversity in the Wine Industry.”
3. A current resume
4. An official or unoffical transcipt
5. A letter of reccomendation from a faculty member may be submitted but is OPTIONAL. It is now a requirement for the application.
Deadline: March 10, 2022