Who Can Apply:
- The Bob and Carole Lent Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to students demonstrating financial need from area public schools who plan to attend a public college in the Duluth-Superior area.
- The scholarship is for traditional students as well as those who have been out of high school for a while.
- Preference will be given to students pursuing a career in a vocational or technical field, early childhood education or special education.
- But students pursuing other careers may be considered as well. Applicants may pursue a two-year degree, a four-year degree or a certificate.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of at least 2.0 and demonstrated potential in a specific area of study.
- Bob and Carole Lent were longtime Duluth Public Schools teachers. Bob worked primarily in vocational education and Carole in speech and language. They especially wanted to support students who experience challenges and may not be top academic achievers.
Deadline: February 15, 2023