Who Can Apply:
- The Bronislaw Malinowski Award is presented annually to an outstanding social scientist in recognition of efforts to understand and serve the needs of the world’s societies, and whose career has been devoted to solving human problems using the concepts and tools of social science. Each nomination should follow the criteria for selection set forth by the SfAA.
- Nominees should be of senior status and widely recognized for their efforts to understand and serve the needs of the world through the use of social science. They may be academics or practitioners; but their contributions should have implications beyond the immediate, the narrowly administrative, or the political. Nominations of individuals who reside or work outside of the United States are encouraged.
- The awardee should be willing and able to deliver an address at the annual meeting of the Society for Applied Anthropology.
- A detailed letter of nomination that describes the accomplishments of the nominee in relation to the award criteria. The letter of nomination often has several signatories.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae.
- Letters of support (no more than three). Letters of support should supplement and complement the nomination letter. In general, letters of support discuss one or more aspects of the nominee’s career, providing more detail or data than the letter of nomination. These letters should be gathered by the nominator(s) and enclosed with the package.
- A sample (maximum of five) of products representing the candidate’s best work, which may include, but are not limited to, traditional scholarly writing. Products may include journal articles or books, policy reports, speeches, videos, promotional campaigns, policies, laws, or other products rooted in social science. Submission of bound books is discouraged; instead the nominator(s) should send a copy of the title page, table of contents, and a representative chapter. The packet may also include (within reason) copies of the title page and tables of contents of additional journal articles, manuals, or applied reports.
Deadline: December 15, 2022
Learn More: https://www.appliedanthro.org/about/awards-prizes/bronislaw-malinowski-award