Who Can Apply:
- Calvin C. Donelson was an outstanding, hardworking member of society and his community, who derived great pleasure from woodworking and had earned the title of Master Craftsman in carpentry. In addition to being an expert carpenter he was a creative, personable Master Barber who had a love, passion, and dedication for the hair cutting profession.
- Calvin could build anything and do anything that he decided he wanted to do. He believed that anyone could do the same if they applied themselves and made a supreme effort to accomplish their pursuits.
- In recent decades possessing two-year and four-year degrees have become commonplace and essential for many jobs. While these degrees are useful and often necessary in being successful in the career world, many are destined to follow different paths such as tradesperson or skilled worker.
- In memory and honor of Calvin, this scholarship aims to support students who desire to follow a career path in skilled trades. He would be the first to say that a trade career could be an ideal option that doesn’t require four years of college.
- Any trade school student may apply for this scholarship, but students pursuing carpentry or barbering are preferred.
Submission: To apply, tell us which trade you’re looking to pursue and who inspired you to make your choice.
Deadline: August 30, 2022
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/calvin-c-donelson-memorial-scholarship/