Who Can Apply: The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s National Racial Equity Initiative for Social Justice (NREI) HBCU Social Justice Scholarships were created to encourage and support the next generation of social justice leaders committed to dismantling systemic barriers and advancing equity, freedom, and justice for all, especially the Black community and racial minorities. The funds will be disbursed on an annual basis to undergraduate, graduate or doctoral level students attending Historically Black Colleges or Universities, pursuing studies related to social justice to include, but not limited to, criminal justice, education, civil rights or community/economic development. Students must demonstrate their interests and experience in social justice, student activism, and/or community service.
• Selected applicants must identify as Black or African American
• Be a U.S. citizen/legal permanent resident
• Attend an accredited HBCU during the academic year of scholarship award
• Have a GPA minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
• Exhibit leadership and be active in community
Submission: Video Response: Discuss your academic interests, professional experience and/or commitment towards racial equity, social justice, student activism or community service.
Deadline: March 31, 2024