Who Can Apply:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be Chinese-American by direct lineal descent based on self-identification and indication of student’s or family’s origins (place of birth in China: city, province). If unknown, applicants will be asked to provide a reason.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by fall 2022.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of full-time college education (24 credits or equivalent) by June 2023.
- Plan to enroll for the entire 2023-24 academic year in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited private non-profit four year college in the United States that is currently ranked among the top twenty-five National Liberal Arts Colleges by US News and World Report (NOTE: the ranking in the fall of 2022) – see below.
- Be studying to obtain a first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need based on the application information and copy of family’s IRS 1040 (or equivalent).
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
NOTE: If you are providing SAT or ACT test scores, and those scores are not listed on your high school transcript, you will need to upload a copy of your test score report(s) separately. If you are uploading a college transcript, those scores are not required.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information page. Black out any sensitive data including Social Security Numbers prior to uploading.
Deadline: January 20, 2023
Learn More: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/chiafamily/