Who Can Apply:
- The Chief John Raaflaub Memorial Firefighter Scholarship Fund helps students from Douglas County pursue careers in firefighting, and especially at the Superior Fire Department.
- Applicants can be high school graduates or those who have been out of high school for a longer period.
- They must be Douglas County residents, students pursuing a degree in Lake Superior College’s Associate Firefighting program and have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants must provide at least two recommendations, a transcript and documentation of financial need.
- In addition, preference may be given to: women and minorities, those who have participated in a “ride along” or similar program with a fire department, those who have volunteer experience or have studied a field related to firefighting and Superior High School graduates.
- This award is renewable once, assuming proper academic progress (GPA of 3.0 or greater).
Deadline: February 15, 2023