Who Can Apply:
- The Chief Standing Bear Scholarship was created in 2017 to support post-secondary education for American Indian students enrolled in a tribe and able to provide proof of tribal affiliation. The story of Ponca Chief Standing Bear’s struggle is one of perseverance and triumph over adversity. Chief Standing Bear’s exemplary traits can be admired and modeled by current day American Indian youth.
- To apply the applicant must be a Nebraska resident attending any qualified, nonprofit 2- or 4- year college or university who can provide proof of tribal affiliation. Applicant must have maintained a 2.5 GPA.
1. High school or college transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable). High school seniors must submit their high school transcript; high school graduates need only submit their college transcripts.
2. First page of your FAFSA Report.
3. Proof of enrollment or membership card for an American Indian Tribe.
4. Answer a special essay question about exemplary traits of Chief Standing Bear that you have adopted and modeled in your own life.
Deadline: March 15, 2024
Learn More: https://lcf.academicworks.com/opportunities/1695