Who Can Apply:
- Chris Jackson was an amazing human being who was smart, insightful and had a razor-sharp wit.
- The greatest gift Chris had was that he always made the time to not just talk to you, but to be in that moment with you. He made you feel important because you had his full and undivided attention when you spoke to him, and he would always be the first to ask how he could help.
- Chris was also an amazing father to his daughters Abby and Lily, a doting husband to his wife Karen, and a great friend to many people.
- What most people don’t know about Chris is how much he struggled to afford his degree in his early years. That degree ultimately helped him build a rewarding and impactful career in technology.
- Sadly, Chris passed away in the fall of 2020. To honor his spirit and legacy, the Chris Jackson Computer Science Education Scholarship will support undergraduate students who are pursuing a computer science degree. The scholarship will be awarded twice a year.
Submission: Applicants will be required to discuss their interest in pursuing a computer science degree, their career aspirations, and why they think they should receive the award.
Deadline: October 1, 2022