Who Can Apply:
- Minorities have had a significant impact on the art world for decades. Art is a sense of communication, a feeling, a way of transcending oneself. In the wake of social injustice, it’s critical to support their creative ambitions so they can translate cultural experiences and impact future generations.
- Minorities are often less fortunate than others so they generally lack the resources and opportunities required to showcase their brilliant ideas, talents, and forms of expression through their artwork.
- Christian ‘Myles’ Pratt spent time perfecting his craft, had a fantastic eye for detail, and was an exemplary artist before he passed away in 2018.
- To honor his life and to support minority fine art students in their creative ambitions, the Christian ‘Myles’ Pratt Foundation Fine Arts Scholarship will be awarded to one student from a minority background who has big aspirations for their artistic career.
- This scholarship is open to all minority students who are interested in or already enrolled in courses going toward a degree in an art-related field.
Submission: To apply, please write about who has had the biggest influence on your life, how you plan to use your artistic skills after graduating, and what makes your skill different. Please also submit a few photos or visualizations of your artwork (photo submission or application link)!
Deadline: August 12, 2023