Who Can Apply:
- A member of the U.S. Armed Forces or enrolled in a ROTC program; an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces; or a direct descendant of an AFCEA member or an honorably discharged member of the Armed Forces.
- Enrolled as a full-time college/university student at an accredited institution attending schools in or residing in the states of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, and Alabama, including community colleges.
- Undergraduate students must be at the sophomore or junior level. Must have completed one semester in community college (if applicable).
- Graduate students must have completed at least two courses but are not graduating in the current academic year.
3. Maintain an overall 2.8 GPA.
4. Major in a STEM-related area of study in support of the mission of AFCEA.
- An online application form, including short-answer questions, educational and career plans, and financial need. In addition, the applicant may also describe any challenges (i.e. personal, physical, psychological, educational) that she has had to overcome to get to this point in her educational career.
- An official college transcript with completed courses and grades including grades from the Fall 2021 semester.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a professor in the student’s STEM major field of study.
- A statement explaining how the applicant meets the qualifying criteria of U.S. armed forces or AFCEA affiliation.
Deadline: January 17, 2022
Learn More: https://www.afcea.org/site/swacina-scholarship#overlay-context=swacina-scholarship.