Who Can Apply:
- The Daniel Patrick Riley Memorial Scholarship helps graduates of Cook County High School pursuing liberal arts college educations.
- The award may be used for full-time enrollment at any accredited four-year college or university.
- Applicants must be Cook County High School seniors in the top 25 percent of their graduating class planning to study liberal arts in college (programs including history, political science, writing, journalism and the fine arts).
- They also must demonstrate financial need and provide a transcript (including standardized test scores) as well as at least one recommendation.
- Daniel Riley was a World War II fighter pilot and later worked for Northwest Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines. In retirement, he and his wife, Sue, built a home near Grand Marais. He loved history, current events, politics and the arts. The scholarship encourages Cook County graduates to pursue higher education.
Deadline: February 15, 2023
Learn More: https://www.dsacommunityfoundation.org/our-scholarships/daniel-patrick-riley-memorial-scholarship-fund/